Friday, January 16, 2009

Moscato

Most know it mostly as Moscato or Muscato. Generally it is known as sweet white wine.

I've tasted *Brown Brothers Moscato quite soon after I started out on drinking wine. Personally, I find that this is an easy drinking white wine, sweet and fruity, without being too cloyingly sweet -- which is the case when you have too much dessert or ice wine. It is light enough on the tongue such that it would have the liqour taste which usually puts off non-drinkers. There is sufficient depth of fruity flavour that drinkers would be appreciate past the initial sweet taste on the tongue.

Interestingly, it was recently in december that I discovered that Moscato actually originated from Italy. And Moscatos from Italy supposedly taste better than Brown Brothers.

Also, red Moscato recently appeared in the supermarts here. The difference between the normal (white) moscato I see in supermart vs the red seems to be only the colouring. The taste is roughly about the same, though I have to comment that seeing it in red seem kind of odd to me initially.

I'm posting the pictures for reference as below.



*Brown Brothers is one of the well-known wine makers in Australia.
Visit http://www.brownbrothers.com.au for more information.

No comments: